2466Re: Unicode conversion bug?

    May 2, 2008
      On 02/05/08 10:17, T.P.S.Nakagawa wrote:
      [...]
      > Sorry , I did't try by gvim on Windows ( downloaded, version 7.1 / 2007 May 12
      > compiled by Mr. Bram ) + related by http://www.vim.org/download.php#pc
      > old version sourceforge libiconv for Win32
      > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25167&package_id=51458
      > ( Release 1.9.1 / January 14 2004 )

      This is 7.1.000. I recommend the updated Vim and gvim compiled by Steve
      Hall (currently 7.1.293), obtainable from
      https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=43866&package_id=39721
      . It has +iconv/dyn, its full ":version" text can be seen by clicking on
      the word "Notes" or the clipboard-like icon next to the version number
      on that same page.

      > on unix ( FreeBSD 5-stable ), with libiconv version 1.11 (+ OS patch 1 )
      > same (.|_)vimrc file, console vim can detect UTF-8 + BOM by notepad.
      > ( vim version is self compile by cvs source 2007 July 31, he say version 7.1.147 )
      >

      > Someone compile libiconv ver 1.11 or later for Win 32 platform?
      > ( I tried 6 month ago, and I fail and busy )

      Libiconv 1.9.2 is available precompiled from GnuWin32 from the page
      http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/libiconv.htm . This is one
      sub-sub-level above what you already have -- you might try using this
      until or unless you succeed to get (or make) a later version. Since
      Steve Hall's builds include +iconv/dyn and the "Compilation" and
      "Linking" parts of its ":version" text mention no iconv version, I
      suppose upgrading iconv (if and when) means simply dropping the DLL over
      the former version (in the PATH or in $VIMRUNTIME). I expect, though,
      that upgrading Vim (see above) will be more important than upgrading iconv.

      Libiconv 1.12 is distributed in source form at
      http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv/libiconv-1.12.tar.gz but I suppose
      these sources are meant primarily for Unix -- I don't know what
      adaptations (if any) might be necessary to build a Windows DLL from them.

      The human mind ordinarily operates at only ten percent of its capacity
      -- the rest is overhead for the operating system.