2465Re: Unicode conversion bug?

  • T.P.S.Nakagawa
    May 2, 2008
      Thanks for reading my broken english, and retry and reply.

      >> Vim use libiconv by FSF.
      >> I search on unix platform, `man iconv_open`, libiconv don't know
      >> UTF-8 with bomb. Then, libiconv can't detect UTF-8 with bomb.
      >> this is problem of libiconv, not Vim, by strict logic.
      >>

      >> In this reason, In my vimrc set filencodings sorted earlier UTF-8 than cp932
      >> but notepad saved file detected cp932.
      >>
      >> On justice way, We have to patch to libiconv, add UTF-8 bomb.
      >> But Can't save this weak point by Vim side?

      <>
      > I don't know which libiconv you are using, but my version of Vim (which
      > has +iconv and a GTK2/Gnome2 GUI) accepts the BOM with no problem, not
      > only in UTF-16/UTF-32 but also in UTF-8.

      Sorry , I did't try by gvim on Windows ( downloaded, version 7.1 / 2007 May 12
      compiled by Mr. Bram ) + related by http://www.vim.org/download.php#pc
      old version sourceforge libiconv for Win32
      http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25167&package_id=51458
      ( Release 1.9.1 / January 14 2004 )

      on unix ( FreeBSD 5-stable ), with libiconv version 1.11 (+ OS patch 1 )
      same (.|_)vimrc file, console vim can detect UTF-8 + BOM by notepad.
      ( vim version is self compile by cvs source 2007 July 31, he say version 7.1.147 )

      Someone compile libiconv ver 1.11 or later for Win 32 platform?
      ( I tried 6 month ago, and I fail and busy )

      --
      Nakagawa Tsuneo mailto:yaemon@...
      Web site ( Jpanese only ) http://www.kikansha.jp/~yaemon/