2457Re: how to avoid GVIM lose syntax highlighting when multi-buffer/ multi-tab editing?

  • Nico Weber
    Mar 14, 2008
      > Did you come upon this kind of trouble?
      >
      > my GVIM lose syntax hightlighting oftenly.
      > especially when I switch to another tab or buffer
      > I checked the plugins i used for filetypes or global, no extras
      > besides
      > native things there, or maybe I once put in and then forgot?
      >
      > by the way, I always edit .html, php, .c, .java files in same time,
      > this
      > seems to heavy the problem, which is really boreing to type
      > ":syntax on
      > " or even shorthand every minute. :(

      Which platform are you using? Does it also happen if you start vim
      with `gvim -u NONE -U NONE`? That prevents that your .vimrc file is
      loaded.

      You can use `:verbose set syntax` to see where 'syntax' was modified
      the last time. Perhaps this gives you a hint.

      HTH,
      Nico