2366Re: Vim on OS X, (no)macatsui problem

  • Kenneth Beesley
    Oct 5, 2007
      Joseph,

      I assume you're working in OS X.

      You should put MacVim.app in /Applications/

      You should have an executable file named mvim, not mvim.htm
      See http://code.google.com/p/macvim/downloads/list

      and click on the mvim link. That should download mvim, not mvim.htm

      Typically, you would move this mvim file to your ~/bin directory or
      to some other directory on
      your path.

      To check your path, from a command line terminal, enter

      echo $PATH

      Once you have installed MacVim.app and mvim in the proper places.
      Enter (again from a terminal)

      rehash

      Then your system should be able to find mvim. Make sure by entering

      which mvim

      It should respond ~/bin/mvim (if you put mvim in ~/bin)
      and you should be able to launch MacVim from the command line by just
      entering

      mvim

      Ken