2327Re: Inputting the newer unicode characters

    Aug 30 9:39 PM
      Eze wrote:
      > Greetings!
      >
      > Does anybody know how to input, for instance, U+1D434 in vim (a "math"
      > uppercase "A")? By using the sequence CTRL-V u 1D434 vim
      > understandably only reads 1D43, getting "ᵃ4".
      >
      > Many thanks in advance.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Eze

      See ":help i_CTRL-V_digit"

      Ctrl-V u is for Unicode codepoints in the BMP (i.e., U+0000 to U+FFFF). After
      that, use an uppercase U (i.e., shift-u):

      Ctrl-V U 0001D434

      (the initial zeros may be omitted if the sequence is followed by a keypress
      other than [0-9A-Fa-f].)

      A limitation of current versions of Vim is that codepoints above U+FFFF are
      displayed as question marks (with the proper width). The data is entered
      correctly into the file, and ga and g8 show the correct values. Someone
      (Edward L. Fox IIRC) said he'd look into it but I haven't heard from him about
      it recently.

      Reality is just a convenient measure of complexity.
      -- Alvy Ray Smith