      From: vim_multibyte@... [mailto:vim_multibyte@...] On Behalf Of Edward L. Fox
      Sent: 03 August 2007 16:23
      To: vim_dev@...
      Cc: Bram Moolenaar; vim-dev; vim-multibyte@...; um.kiwon@...
      Subject: Re: Fwd: VIM 7.1 compilation error

      Hi Shawn Kim,

      On 8/3/07, Shawn Kim <orchistro@...> wrote:
      > [...]
      > In those system, I don't seem to have many choices.
      > I MUST compile vim enabling hangulinput feature and then use it to
      > type in Hangul.
      > It would never be enough to stress the necessity and the importance of
      > that feature for Koreans.
      > I would be devastated if that feature is to removed :'O

      OK, I see. But I'm still wondered that could this feature be
      implemented as a keymap? Like this:

      1. :set keymap=kana

      2. Type "ohayougozaimasu" will produce:

      おはようございます。

      If we could implement the Hangul input as a keymap, we can simply drop
      the Hangul automata without any difficulty then.

      > Regards,
      > Shawn.
      >
      > P.S. Personally, using XIM with vim is kind of confusing.
      > If you were typing Hangul in input mode, and then you escape from that
      > mode by pressing upon ESC,
      > XIM is still in Hangul input mode. So, any of your comands won't work
      > until you switch to English input mode by
      > pressing Shift+Space. It is very unconvinient and confusing.
      > As it seems that I can seem to control XIM out of it, like sending
      > signal or something, for me,
      > it is just more appreciated using hangulinput feature. :-)

      Just type ":help imactivatekey" and read this part of the manual,
      maybe it's useful for you. :-)

      > [...]

      In peace,

      Edward L. Fox