211[vim-multibyte] Re: PATCH: Fix for bold characters spilling over left side in GUI.

  • Park Chong-Dae
    Mar 25, 2000
      On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 12:01:43PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Park Chong-Dae wrote:
      >
      > > I make another patch based on the Robert's work.
      >
      > I didn't check if this patch works properly, but spotted a few things:
      >
      > - is_need_update() has ANSI style declarations. Old compilers can't handle
      > this.

      I fix it.

      > - The last two "if" statements in is_need_update() can be combined.

      I fix it.

      > - The "endcol = Columns" can be put inside the "if (rlflag)". I wonder of the
      > combination of right-left text and multibyte works? Probably doesn't make
      > sense anyway.

      I fix it.
      Is there a charset that uses right-left and multibyte?
      I know some codes in MULTI_BYTE have rlflag settings.
      It could be removed. But I don't know about it. You can clean up the code.

      > - It looks like it's possible that update_next is set for the character just
      > right of the screen.

      ??

      This is yet another patch. And I tune up some code for performance and
      safe bound check. (removed a IsTrailByte() call)

      --
      Chong-Dae Park
      -- ' Clarke's Third Law