2013Re: gvim crash when using UTF-8 locale and paste text from Windows clipboard

    Jul 28, 2005
      Rainux -

      > Hi, I've used Cygwin's gcc to compiled a gvimd.exe, and tried to
      > reproduce the crash in gdb, here is the conversation with gdb.
      >
      > M:\vim\vim63>gdb gvimd.exe -q
      > (gdb) run
      > Starting program: /cygdrive/m/vim/vim63/gvimd.exe
      >
      > (Here I switched to gVim and paste LITTLE LONG TEXT from Windows
      > clipboard, then gdb caught the exception.)

      > 0x77c12a16 in wscanf () from /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/msvcrt.dll
      > (gdb) info stack
      > #0 0x77c12a16 in wscanf () from /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/msvcrt.dll
      > #1 0x610e8987 in ?? ()
      > #2 0x0054f020 in p_report ()
      > #3 0x0022fde0 in ?? ()

      It seems the stack was messed up.

      > It seems the crash it not Vim's bug? And, I've viewed gvimd.exe and
      > libintl.dll 's import functions from msvcrt.dll, I havn't founded the
      > function wscanf(), why?

      It's possibly called somewhere inside a library function.

      > Do you need more infomation and more action? I'm just a newbie to
      > machine-level-debugging.

      Try setting breakpoints to further pinpoint where the crash occurs.
      Perhaps clip_mch_request_selection() is a good one in this case:

      break clip_mch_request_selection

      - Bram

      --
      Bad programs can be written in any language.