1033Re: Multi-byte printing patch (long)

  • Mike Williams
    Dec 15, 2003
      Hi,

      On 15 Dec 2003 at 17:40, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > I had a reference to a patch from Motonobu Ichimura in my todo list.
      > Did you use this?

      I had a look at the patch, but while it "worked" in one sense, it was
      not "correct". My generates the correct DSC comments for the fonts
      and encodings/charsets, copes with some of the idiosyncracies of
      multi-byte printing in GhostScript, and allows the use of Courier for
      the ASCII code range. which the patch (and previous attempts) did
      not.

      It also allows the user to define their own modified character set.
      I believe there are code ranges in various national character sets
      marked as private, which allow for the specification of special
      characters to be printed for certain codes. I haven't documented
      this bit since the main thing is to try out the new options and
      generated output. Once that seems to working I can describe how to
      use custom character set definitions for printing.

      (I am having problems with this mailing list - not all emails are
      getting through to me. I'll try and remember to view the archive on
      Yahoo groups, but people may want to cc me on any emails until the
      problem is sorted.)

      TTFN

      Mike
      --