Startup Screen

  • Sukima
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2009
      I apologize in advance if this question has been discussed prior
      (quick google search provided no hits). When Vim starts on my mac
      (double clicking the Vim.app icon) Instead of the usual :intro being
      shown and it editing a blank document it displays a continue prompt
      and then shows the netrw for my home directory.

      Is it possible to return the :intro and edit blank document
      functionality? Perhaps I can edit the source and make a custom patch
      for myself. Does anyone know where to start looking for this or is
      this an artifact of the mac port?

      Thanks for the ideas.

    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2009
        Hi Sukima,

        which Vim.app are you using? I'm using MacVim.app from http://code.google.com/p/macvim/
        , which shows :intro just as usual (the other Vim.apps that I know do
        that as well, even though I haven't tried them in a while).

        Does this still happen if you temporarily rename your ~/_vimrc, your ~/
        _gvimrc, and your ~/.vim directory?

        Nico