Abbreviate file path like titlebar?

  • Nate
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2009
      Hello,

      I would like to get the path of the filename to display in abbreviated
      mode like it does by default in MacVim in the titlebar.

      For example, if I open MacVim in my home directory, and then open:

      /some/long/name/of/a/directory/file.txt

      I will see in the titlebar:

      file.txt (some/long..directory) - VIM

      I would like to get the part in the parentheses above. I like how
      it's abbreviated automatically with the dots,
      and shows the most important directories (the very top dir and the
      very bottom dir).

      What is this function that MacVim uses to abbreviate the path?

      Thanks,
      --Nate