Re: history not saved

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 2, 2009
      2009/2/2 Bee:

      > I used :qa! to close all the files I was using as tests and THEN
      > command+q to quit MacVim, restarted MacVim and there it was... a
      > history of the commands issued in the last session.
      >
      > It seems command+q does not update .viminfo

      Ok, I've found the problem and pushed a patch now. The fix will be in
      the next snapshot.

      Thanks for reporting this issue!

    • dex
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 19, 2009
        > by björn-11 Feb 02, 2009; 02:47pm:
        >
        > 2009/2/2 Bee:
        > > I used :qa! to close all the files I was using as tests and THEN
        > > command+q to quit MacVim, restarted MacVim and there it was... a
        > > history of the commands issued in the last session.
        > > It seems command+q does not update .viminfo
        >
        > Ok, I've found the problem and pushed a patch now. The fix will be in
        > the next snapshot.
        > Thanks for reporting this issue!
        > Björn

        Hi. I'm using the latest snapshot (42, vim ver 7.2.75) and I can
        confirm this issue still exists.

        -dex

        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 20, 2009
          Hi Dex,

          2009/2/19 dex:

          >> by björn-11 Feb 02, 2009; 02:47pm:
          >>
          >> 2009/2/2 Bee:
          >> > I used :qa! to close all the files I was using as tests and THEN
          >> > command+q to quit MacVim, restarted MacVim and there it was... a
          >> > history of the commands issued in the last session.
          >> > It seems command+q does not update .viminfo
          >>
          >> Ok, I've found the problem and pushed a patch now. The fix will be in
          >> the next snapshot.
          >> Thanks for reporting this issue!
          >> Björn
          >
          > Hi. I'm using the latest snapshot (42, vim ver 7.2.75) and I can
          > confirm this issue still exists.

          I guess I should say which snapshot is the "next" at the time of
          typing. This particular bug was only fixed in snapshot 43 (released
          today).

        • Nico Weber
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 20, 2009
            >> 2009/2/2 Bee:
            >>> I used :qa! to close all the files I was using as tests and THEN
            >>> command+q to quit MacVim, restarted MacVim and there it was... a
            >>> history of the commands issued in the last session.
            >>> It seems command+q does not update .viminfo
            >>
            >> Ok, I've found the problem and pushed a patch now. The fix will be
            >> in
            >> the next snapshot.
            >> Thanks for reporting this issue!
            >> Björn
            >
            > Hi. I'm using the latest snapshot (42, vim ver 7.2.75) and I can
            > confirm this issue still exists.

            No snapshot with the fix has been released yet. 43 will probably come
            out this weekend, so you just have to wait a few more days.

            Nico
          • ahso
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 20, 2009

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 27, 2009
                On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 5:03 PM, dex <djdexter@...> wrote:
                > Hi.  I'm using the latest snapshot (42, vim ver 7.2.75) and I can
                > confirm this issue still exists.

                Never mind on this. I figured out the problem. For some reason, my
                ~/.viminfo was set with root ownership instead of my user.

              • Brian McKee
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 27, 2009
                  On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 11:05 AM, dex <djdexter@...> wrote:

                  > On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 5:03 PM, dex <djdexter@...> wrote:
                  >> Hi.  I'm using the latest snapshot (42, vim ver 7.2.75) and I can
                  >> confirm this issue still exists.
                  >
                  > Never mind on this.  I figured out the problem.  For some reason, my
                  > ~/.viminfo was set with root ownership instead of my user.

                  You did sudo vi somethingorother before you ever launched vi regularly IIRC.
                  I remember a couple of threads about this before, but that may have
                  been the Ubuntu mailing list.

                  Brian