:set guipty and :set noguipty

  • Ted Pavlic
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2009
      A while back, there was discussion on the list about how certain
      snapshots of MacVim would kill or not kill shelled background commands
      at certain desirable and undesirable times.

      I just noticed the option

      guipty

      which is set "on" by default and only applies to the GUI. When on, it
      attempts to open a pseudo-tty for I/O to/form shell commands. (see :help
      guipty and :help gui-pty for more information)

      I don't remember this option being discussed in those previous threads.
      Is it relevant?

      Just thought I'd bring it up. Note that a colleague of mine had similar
      problems on his Linux Vim setup. We solved his problem with gratuitous
      use of "setsid" (which also worked on MacOS, but you had to build your
      own copy of setsid).

      --Ted

      --
      Ted Pavlic <ted@...>

      Please visit my ALS association page:
      http://web.alsa.org/goto/tedpavlic
      My family appreciates your support in the fight to defeat ALS.