Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 41

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 12, 2009
      2009/1/12 Michael Wookey <michaelwookey@...>:
      >> Hi Björn,
      >>
      >>> I have uploaded a new snapshot of MacVim.app to:
      >>>
      >>> http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Snapshot
      >>
      >> I have a crash to report - see the attached file
      >> (macvim-snapshot41-crash.txt) for the details.
      >
      > Further to this, I just downloaded snapshot-40 from code.google.com,
      > tried it and it worked fine. Luckily there aren't too many changes
      > between snapshot-40 and snapshot-41 which makes bisecting with git
      > easy.
      >
      > However, since any build that I produce myself always works, I'm
      > unsure how to go about debugging this further.
      >
      > Have you recently changed any build flags, SDKs, or compiler options?

      Michael,

      Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I did indeed change the
      linker flags and I thought I had tested this properly (I was aware
      there might be a problem with iconv) and that it worked (I tried
      calling iconv() inside Vim but obviously did not do it right).

      A new snapshot is being built as I type this.

      Thanks,

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 12, 2009
        2009/1/12 David Morel:

        > I suppose DBext doesn't like the command-line processing improvements,
        > MacVim crashes as soon as I try to execute a query (mysql client
        > through a shell).

        David,

        This is the same bug that Michael reported (missing iconv library).
        Thanks for reporting the problem.