Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 41

  • David Morel
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 12, 2009
      Le 10 janv. 09 à 20:56, björn a écrit :

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have uploaded a new snapshot of MacVim.app to:
      >
      > http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Snapshot

      I suppose DBext doesn't like the command-line processing improvements,
      MacVim crashes as soon as I try to execute a query (mysql client
      through a shell).

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 12, 2009
        2009/1/12 Michael Wookey <michaelwookey@...>:
        >> Hi Björn,
        >>
        >>> I have uploaded a new snapshot of MacVim.app to:
        >>>
        >>> http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Snapshot
        >>
        >> I have a crash to report - see the attached file
        >> (macvim-snapshot41-crash.txt) for the details.
        >
        > Further to this, I just downloaded snapshot-40 from code.google.com,
        > tried it and it worked fine. Luckily there aren't too many changes
        > between snapshot-40 and snapshot-41 which makes bisecting with git
        > easy.
        >
        > However, since any build that I produce myself always works, I'm
        > unsure how to go about debugging this further.
        >
        > Have you recently changed any build flags, SDKs, or compiler options?

        Michael,

        Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I did indeed change the
        linker flags and I thought I had tested this properly (I was aware
        there might be a problem with iconv) and that it worked (I tried
        calling iconv() inside Vim but obviously did not do it right).

        A new snapshot is being built as I type this.

        Thanks,

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 12, 2009
          2009/1/12 David Morel:

          > I suppose DBext doesn't like the command-line processing improvements,
          > MacVim crashes as soon as I try to execute a query (mysql client
          > through a shell).

          David,

          This is the same bug that Michael reported (missing iconv library).
          Thanks for reporting the problem.