Re: link errors: vim 6.2f on Mac OS X

    Message 1 of 19 , May 29, 2003
      MURAOKA Taro wrote:
      >>1. I think there is still a "6.0" in infplist.xml . I changed it by hand to
      >>"6.2f". IIUC, this file is processed by Make_osx.mak, so it should be possible
      >>to do this automatically. Can anyone fix this?
      >

      > Do you say about CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion? This 6.0 doesn't mean
      > Vim's version. It represents the version of this file format, and
      > shouldn't be changed. This is documented in here.
      > http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn2013.html

      I guess I goofed. Thanks for correcting me.

      --Benji Fisher
    • Emily Jackson
      Message 2 of 19 , May 29, 2003
        On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 08:36 AM, Benji Fisher wrote:

        > I just "open os_mac.rsr.hqx". SE starts up, does its stuff (or
        > unstuff ;) and quits. Why not do it from the makefile?

        Mac OS X launch services are so unpredictable, Expander *may* not start
        up using just "open filename". (The first time I tried to build Vim,
        "open os_mac.rsr.hqx" caused MacLink Plus to start up, not StuffIt
        Expander.) "open -a StuffIt\ Expander" would be much safer.

        Emily
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 2, 2003
          Rain Dog wrote:
          > Patrick Curtain wrote:
          >
          >> Any reason we don't compile with python support? The mac is shipping
          >> with it, fully supported.... does it pose difficulties that prevent
          >> including it everywhere?
          >
          > Well, it appears that Apple neglected to ship a libpython library.
          > Unless that has changed in 10.2.6, which I haven't yet installed,
          > there can be no Python support in Vim, unfortunately, without custom
          > installation (via Fink, for example).

          Is libpython required at run-time or only at link-time? I could install
          python from Fink, but I do not want to distribute a binary that fails to start
          up on standard OS X systems.

          --Benji Fisher
        • Rain Dog
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 2, 2003
            On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 06:16 AM, Benji Fisher wrote:

            > Rain Dog wrote:
            >> Patrick Curtain wrote:
            >>> Any reason we don't compile with python support?
            >> it appears that Apple neglected to ship a libpython library.
            >
            > Is libpython required at run-time or only at link-time? I could
            > install python from Fink, but I do not want to distribute a binary
            > that fails to start up on standard OS X systems.

            It's statically linked, so that should work. Just make sure you build
            a version of libpython.a that's compatible with the runtime files (see
            /usr/lib/python2.2/) that ship with OSX. I think OSX's Python is v2.2,
            and Fink's is v2.2.2, which I guess is OK.

            Peter