Multiple errors in MacVim with vim7.2 stable

  • wishi
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 5, 2009
      Hi!

      I must report errors, too. In a previous version of MacVim there was an
      option that defined a faster alternative rendering for fonts.
      I used that... but forgot what it did. Maybe that's a problem now?
      The option disappeared.

      In any case the newest snapshot produces a bunch of errors:

      Binary:

      sha1:
      f8baf0172c3ea9121c5fbf1ab993b049cef34bff

      MacVim-7_2-stable-1_2.tbz
      from http://code.google.com/p/macvim/

      System:

      MacOS X 10.5.6 Intel C2D

      Errors:

      * No Mouse support in MacVim GUI for Textarea. Not even in visual mode.
      * many rendering errors (pictures attached)

      I didn't continue using it thatfor. Mouse-support for a GUI version is
      essentially important ;).

      Thanks,
      wishi

      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 5, 2009
        Hi wishi,

        2009/1/5 wishi <brouce@...>:
        > Hi!
        >
        > I must report errors, too. In a previous version of MacVim there was an
        > option that defined a faster alternative rendering for fonts.
        > I used that... but forgot what it did. Maybe that's a problem now?
        > The option disappeared.
        >
        > In any case the newest snapshot produces a bunch of errors:
        >
        > Binary:
        >
        > sha1:
        > f8baf0172c3ea9121c5fbf1ab993b049cef34bff
        >
        > MacVim-7_2-stable-1_2.tbz
        > from http://code.google.com/p/macvim/

        That's actually _not_ a snapshot -- it is the stable version which is
        much older and has less features. I think your problem most likely is
        that you used to run a snapshot with ATSUI enabled but this does not
        work very well with the stable build. Try downloading the snapshot
        instead and your problems should go away. You can download it from
        here:

        http://macvim.googlecode.com/files/MacVim-snapshot-40.tbz

      • Tom H
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 5, 2009
          I'm using Leopard. The share I was browsing was on an Ubuntu server,
          mounted with macfusion (sshfs). I also tried mounting the share using
          samba (finder's "connect to server...") and it resulted in the same
          behavior.

          On Jan 4, 11:59 am, "Brian McKee" <brian.mc...@...> wrote:
          > On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 11:06 AM, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:

          > I believe someone else noticed something similar - are you using
          > Leopard or Tiger?
          >
          > Brian
        • Fredrik Bränström
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 9, 2009
            I'm having a problem with the latest snapshot. The auto-update doesn't
            work. It just stands there with a full progress bar, on "Extracting
            update..." after it has downloaded.
          • Johannes Beigel
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 9, 2009
              On 09.01.2009, at 16:20, Fredrik Bränström wrote:
              > I'm having a problem with the latest snapshot. The auto-update doesn't
              > work. It just stands there with a full progress bar, on "Extracting
              > update..." after it has downloaded.

              It's issue 144 in the bug tracker:

              http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=144

              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 9, 2009
                2009/1/9 Fredrik Bränström <branstrom@...>:

                > I'm having a problem with the latest snapshot. The auto-update doesn't
                > work. It just stands there with a full progress bar, on "Extracting
                > update..." after it has downloaded.

                Thanks Fredrik, it has also been reported on the Issues pages:

                http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=144

                I have a patch for this under evaluation which I will push soon and a
                new snapshot will follow shortly thereafter.