Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 40

  • Brian McKee
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 4, 2009
      On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 11:06 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

      > 2009/1/2 Brian McKee <brian.mckee@...>:
      >> Try it in Textedit - start the program, hit Cmd-O and choose the
      >> alias. Wait about one second and it will mount the network share and
      >> show you the contents.
      >>
      >> Now try MacVim...
      > Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the bug -- I can browse by clicking
      > the alias in the open dialog in MacVim without any problems. I made
      > sure to unmount the share first too. When I click the alias to the
      > (unmounted) share it brings up a dialog asking for my password. When
      > entered I can browse the network share just like any local folder.
      >
      > Do you have any other ideas on how I may be able to reproduce this bug?

      Huh...

      No, I don't have any thoughts other than are you going Leopard client
      to Tiger server? I'm Tiger both ends....

      I did recreate the bug a couple of times while writing those
      instructions, and tested it again with stable which works fine.

      I believe someone else noticed something similar - are you using
      Leopard or Tiger?

      Brian

      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 4, 2009
        2009/1/4 Brian McKee <brian.mckee@...>:
        > On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 11:06 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Do you have any other ideas on how I may be able to reproduce this bug?
        >
        > Huh...
        >
        > No, I don't have any thoughts other than are you going Leopard client
        > to Tiger server? I'm Tiger both ends....

        Yes, I am running Leopard client and Tiger server...

        > I did recreate the bug a couple of times while writing those
        > instructions, and tested it again with stable which works fine.

        Ok. I'll try running Tiger client and Leopard server next to see if I
        can reproduce the bug that way.

      • wishi
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 5, 2009
          Hi!

          I must report errors, too. In a previous version of MacVim there was an
          option that defined a faster alternative rendering for fonts.
          I used that... but forgot what it did. Maybe that's a problem now?
          The option disappeared.

          In any case the newest snapshot produces a bunch of errors:

          Binary:

          sha1:
          f8baf0172c3ea9121c5fbf1ab993b049cef34bff

          MacVim-7_2-stable-1_2.tbz
          from http://code.google.com/p/macvim/

          System:

          MacOS X 10.5.6 Intel C2D

          Errors:

          * No Mouse support in MacVim GUI for Textarea. Not even in visual mode.
          * many rendering errors (pictures attached)

          I didn't continue using it thatfor. Mouse-support for a GUI version is
          essentially important ;).

          Thanks,
          wishi

          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 5, 2009
            Hi wishi,

            2009/1/5 wishi <brouce@...>:
            > Hi!
            >
            > I must report errors, too. In a previous version of MacVim there was an
            > option that defined a faster alternative rendering for fonts.
            > I used that... but forgot what it did. Maybe that's a problem now?
            > The option disappeared.
            >
            > In any case the newest snapshot produces a bunch of errors:
            >
            > Binary:
            >
            > sha1:
            > f8baf0172c3ea9121c5fbf1ab993b049cef34bff
            >
            > MacVim-7_2-stable-1_2.tbz
            > from http://code.google.com/p/macvim/

            That's actually _not_ a snapshot -- it is the stable version which is
            much older and has less features. I think your problem most likely is
            that you used to run a snapshot with ATSUI enabled but this does not
            work very well with the stable build. Try downloading the snapshot
            instead and your problems should go away. You can download it from
            here:

            http://macvim.googlecode.com/files/MacVim-snapshot-40.tbz

          • Tom H
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 5, 2009
              I'm using Leopard. The share I was browsing was on an Ubuntu server,
              mounted with macfusion (sshfs). I also tried mounting the share using
              samba (finder's "connect to server...") and it resulted in the same
              behavior.

              On Jan 4, 11:59 am, "Brian McKee" <brian.mc...@...> wrote:
              > On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 11:06 AM, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:

              > I believe someone else noticed something similar - are you using
              > Leopard or Tiger?
              >
              > Brian
            • Fredrik Bränström
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 9, 2009
                I'm having a problem with the latest snapshot. The auto-update doesn't
                work. It just stands there with a full progress bar, on "Extracting
                update..." after it has downloaded.
              • Johannes Beigel
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 9, 2009
                  On 09.01.2009, at 16:20, Fredrik Bränström wrote:
                  > I'm having a problem with the latest snapshot. The auto-update doesn't
                  > work. It just stands there with a full progress bar, on "Extracting
                  > update..." after it has downloaded.

                  It's issue 144 in the bug tracker:

                  http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=144

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 9, 2009
                    2009/1/9 Fredrik Bränström <branstrom@...>:

                    > I'm having a problem with the latest snapshot. The auto-update doesn't
                    > work. It just stands there with a full progress bar, on "Extracting
                    > update..." after it has downloaded.

                    Thanks Fredrik, it has also been reported on the Issues pages:

                    http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=144

                    I have a patch for this under evaluation which I will push soon and a
                    new snapshot will follow shortly thereafter.