Re: tweaking the size of the tabs

    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 4, 2009
      2008/12/9 Erick Tryzelaar <erick.tryzelaar@...>:
      > On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 11:55 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
      >>> First, I don't need the tab button so I disabled it.
      >>
      >> Ok, but I don't really see the need to have it disabled by default
      >> since it hides itself when the tabline is filled up anyway. If
      >> anybody else disagrees with me, then please speak up (it would be easy
      >> enough to add a user default to disable this button if some people
      >> prefer not to have this button).
      >
      > Oh sure, it was just something I wanted myself, I don't expect you you
      > actually integrate this patch, it was more just to demonstrate the
      > kind of functionality I was looking for. Having it be a user default
      > would be exactly what I'd be looking for.

      I have added a user default (MMShowAddTabButton) so that you can
      toggle the "add tab" button. To disable it, enter the following
      command in Terminal (it's not in snap 40 though, so you'd have to
      build your own binary first):

      defaults write org.vim.MacVim MMShowAddTabButton 0

    • Fredrik Bränström
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 9, 2009
        That doesn't work over here. OS X 10.5.6, MacVim s40. Tried both 0 and
        false.

        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 9, 2009
          2009/1/10 Fredrik Bränström <branstrom@...>:

          > That doesn't work over here. OS X 10.5.6, MacVim s40. Tried both 0 and
          > false.

          You missed this part of my post:

          >> (it's not in snap 40 though, so you'd have to
          >> build your own binary first):

          It will be included in snapshot 41.