Menubar hiding is in effect for non-fullscreened windows

  • James Pye
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2008
      I like using macvim in fullscreen mode while I'm working on certain
      projects, but this seems to cause non-fullscreened macvim windows to
      also hide the menubar. This seems less than desirable when the non-
      fullscreened window exists on a different space than the fullscreened
      window. Bug?

      Cheers.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2009
        2008/12/31 James Pye <lists@...>:

        > I like using macvim in fullscreen mode while I'm working on certain
        > projects, but this seems to cause non-fullscreened macvim windows to
        > also hide the menubar. This seems less than desirable when the non-
        > fullscreened window exists on a different space than the fullscreened
        > window. Bug?

        I hadn't noticed this before and it is a bit annoying. One idea would
        be to unhide the menu when a full-screen window loses focus and hide
        again once it regains focus. (Nico, do you have any better ideas?)

      • Nico Weber
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
          > > I like using macvim in fullscreen mode while I'm working on certain
          > > projects, but this seems to cause non-fullscreened macvim windows to
          > > also hide the menubar. This seems less than desirable when the non-
          > > fullscreened window exists on a different space than the fullscreened
          > > window. Bug?
          >
          > I hadn't noticed this before and it is a bit annoying.  One idea would
          > be to unhide the menu when a full-screen window loses focus and hide
          > again once it regains focus.  (Nico, do you have any better ideas?)

          I primarily notice this when I have a fullscreen window in one space
          and then switch spaces. As long as there's another MacVim window on
          the other space, showing/hiding the menu based on focus changes should
          do the trick in this case. Do you want me to do this, or do you want
          to do it yourself?

          Nico
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
            2009/1/2 Nico Weber <nicolasweber@...>:

            >> > I like using macvim in fullscreen mode while I'm working on certain
            >> > projects, but this seems to cause non-fullscreened macvim windows to
            >> > also hide the menubar. This seems less than desirable when the non-
            >> > fullscreened window exists on a different space than the fullscreened
            >> > window. Bug?
            >>
            >> I hadn't noticed this before and it is a bit annoying. One idea would
            >> be to unhide the menu when a full-screen window loses focus and hide
            >> again once it regains focus. (Nico, do you have any better ideas?)
            >
            > I primarily notice this when I have a fullscreen window in one space
            > and then switch spaces. As long as there's another MacVim window on
            > the other space, showing/hiding the menu based on focus changes should
            > do the trick in this case. Do you want me to do this, or do you want
            > to do it yourself?

            A patch sounds good...please. ;-)

          • Nicolas Weber
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
              > A patch sounds good...please. ;-)

              Attached.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
                2009/1/2 Nicolas Weber <nicolasweber@...>:
                >> A patch sounds good...please. ;-)
                >
                > Attached.

                Thanks Nico. I've pushed it now.

                James, I hope that takes care of the problem for you.