Re: macvim now refuses to build on Tiger

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2008

      I got this email from gmn and forwarding to the list:

      2008/12/29 <dv1445@...>:

      > Ever since the automatic icon generation was introduced, I cannot build on 10.4.11 intel. The problem survives a complete erasure of the clone and a reclone. The build fails in the xcodebuild phase (I call this from the commandline), and generates the following stuff:
      > -gmn

      This used to work on Tiger, but I can confirm that it no longer does.

      Nico, the problem I get is:

      NameError: name 'NSCompositeSourceOver' is not defined

      Apparently NSCompositeSourceOver does not get pulled from any headers
      since PyObjC is missing. I don't know Python very well so I'm not
      sure what the best way to fix this is. Any suggestions?

    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2008
        >> Ever since the automatic icon generation was introduced, I cannot
        >> build on 10.4.11 intel. The problem survives a complete erasure of
        >> the clone and a reclone. The build fails in the xcodebuild phase
        >> (I call this from the commandline), and generates the following
        >> stuff:
        >> -gmn
        >
        > This used to work on Tiger, but I can confirm that it no longer does.
        >
        > Nico, the problem I get is:
        >
        > NameError: name 'NSCompositeSourceOver' is not defined
        >
        > Apparently NSCompositeSourceOver does not get pulled from any headers
        > since PyObjC is missing. I don't know Python very well so I'm not
        > sure what the best way to fix this is. Any suggestions?

        The attached patch fixes this in a blunt way (I don't have machines
        with Tiger around, so I can't test if it _really_ fixes the problem)..
        A future patch will probably do this in a nicer way. The patch also
        does a minor cleanup that hopefully doesn't break something else.

        Nico

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2009
          2008/12/31 Nico Weber <nicolasweber@...>:
          >> Apparently NSCompositeSourceOver does not get pulled from any headers
          >> since PyObjC is missing. I don't know Python very well so I'm not
          >> sure what the best way to fix this is. Any suggestions?
          >
          > The attached patch fixes this in a blunt way (I don't have machines
          > with Tiger around, so I can't test if it _really_ fixes the problem)..
          > A future patch will probably do this in a nicer way. The patch also
          > does a minor cleanup that hopefully doesn't break something else.

          Thanks Nico. I've pushed the patch.

          gmn: Can you confirm that compilation works for you now (it does for me)?