Fix for process leak w/ Quickstart bug

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2008
      Hi all,

      I have finally figured out why Vim processes were "leaking" when
      Quickstart is enabled and pushed a patch which should fix this bug
      (the problem was that the flag "isTerminating" was not being set early
      enough so the processes didn't realize they should die). It should
      also mean that the following kind of messages won't fill up peoples
      log files anymore:

      Exception caught when processing command queue: "connection is invalid"

      If anybody who has this problem compiles their own binary then please
      let me know asap if you are still seeing this problem. Everybody else
      should wait for the next snapshot.

      Thanks to everybody who reported this problem.

    • Kent Sibilev
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2008
        On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 9:20 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I have finally figured out why Vim processes were "leaking" when
        > Quickstart is enabled and pushed a patch which should fix this bug
        > (the problem was that the flag "isTerminating" was not being set early
        > enough so the processes didn't realize they should die). It should
        > also mean that the following kind of messages won't fill up peoples
        > log files anymore:
        >
        > Exception caught when processing command queue: "connection is invalid"
        >
        > If anybody who has this problem compiles their own binary then please
        > let me know asap if you are still seeing this problem. Everybody else
        > should wait for the next snapshot.
        >
        > Thanks to everybody who reported this problem.

        Thank you for this. I've been testing it for a couple of days and it
        seems fixes the problem.

        --
        Kent