Re: vim 6.2f BETA for OS X (Carbon)

  • Patrick Curtain
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2003
      Hey Folks!

      Let me presume that this has been beaten to death already.... but.

      Any reason we don't compile with python support? The mac is shipping
      with it, fully supported.... does it pose difficulties that prevent
      including it everywhere?

      --p

      On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 01:59 PM, Benji Fisher wrote:

      > I have compiled vim 6.2f BETA for OS X (Carbon, Aqua interface).
      > I have not yet tested the binary much. That's your job! Please help
      > test this, so we can try to fix problems (if any) before the upcoming
      > release of vim 6.2.
      >
      > I compiled with Muraoka Taro's new Make_osx.mak . I could not
      > get it to compile with iconv and gettext, so it does not have these
      > features.
      >
      > As always, you can find my binary at
      > http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/
      >
      > --Benji Fisher

      Patrick Curtain, Husband & Father ( i also write software )
      Building the BEST software, the FASTest way.
      http://www.patrickcurtain.com/ 360.521.9625
    • Dany St-Amant
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30, 2003

        with a few tweak, if_python.c compile fine, but it cannot link. It seem
        that Apple didn't think useful to provide the library required to
        compile
        against Python. The missing library would normally reside in
        /usr/lib/python2.2/config/ or in /Library/Framework/Python.