vim 6.2f BETA for OS X (Carbon)

    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2003
      I have compiled vim 6.2f BETA for OS X (Carbon, Aqua interface).
      I have not yet tested the binary much. That's your job! Please help
      test this, so we can try to fix problems (if any) before the upcoming
      release of vim 6.2.

      I compiled with Muraoka Taro's new Make_osx.mak . I could not get
      it to compile with iconv and gettext, so it does not have these features.

      As always, you can find my binary at
      http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/

      --Benji Fisher
    • Patrick Curtain
      Message 2 of 3 , May 27, 2003
        Hey Folks!

        Let me presume that this has been beaten to death already.... but.

        Any reason we don't compile with python support? The mac is shipping
        with it, fully supported.... does it pose difficulties that prevent
        including it everywhere?

        --p

        On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 01:59 PM, Benji Fisher wrote:

        > I have compiled vim 6.2f BETA for OS X (Carbon, Aqua interface).
        > I have not yet tested the binary much. That's your job! Please help
        > test this, so we can try to fix problems (if any) before the upcoming
        > release of vim 6.2.
        >
        > I compiled with Muraoka Taro's new Make_osx.mak . I could not
        > get it to compile with iconv and gettext, so it does not have these
        > features.
        >
        > As always, you can find my binary at
        > http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/
        >
        > --Benji Fisher

        Patrick Curtain, Husband & Father ( i also write software )
        Building the BEST software, the FASTest way.
        http://www.patrickcurtain.com/ 360.521.9625
      • Dany St-Amant
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30, 2003

          with a few tweak, if_python.c compile fine, but it cannot link. It seem
          that Apple didn't think useful to provide the library required to
          compile
          against Python. The missing library would normally reside in
          /usr/lib/python2.2/config/ or in /Library/Framework/Python.