Re: Patch for winpos

    Message 1 of 5 , May 23, 2003
      Axel Kielhorn wrote:
      > At 16:54 Uhr -0400 2003-05-19, dany.stamant@... wrote:
      >
      >> The system didn't like my attachement. Back to the old cut'n'paste.
      >>
      >> Le lundi, 19 mai 2003, à 16:42 Canada/Eastern,
      >> dany.stamant@... a écrit :
      >>
      >>> Hi,
      >>>
      >>> Could someone test the following patch on MacOS 9?
      >>> The patch is over 6.2d
      >>

      > Sorry, I can't generate Carbon code, my codewarrior is too old.
      > But if someone can provide a carbon binary, I can test it on 8.6
      >
      > Axel

      Does that mean you can use a Carbon binary compiled on OS X?

      --Benji Fisher
    • Axel Kielhorn
      Message 2 of 5 , May 31, 2003
        At 19:29 Uhr -0400 2003-05-23, Benji Fisher wrote:
        >>Sorry, I can't generate Carbon code, my codewarrior is too old.
        >>But if someone can provide a carbon binary, I can test it on 8.6
        >>
        >>Axel
        >
        > Does that mean you can use a Carbon binary compiled on OS X?
        >
        > --Benji Fisher

        In theory I can use a Carbon binary compiled on OS X. That was the
        whole point about Carbon.

        But since the OS X version is compiled for UNIX it does not work on MacOS 8.6.
        (Even after setting T/C to APPL/VIM!)

        BTW, MacOS didn't allow me to rename vimrc to .vimrc, I had to shell
        out to do that. Not a problem for me, but maybe for the average Mac
        User.)

        Axel,
        Now with a green V in his dock:-)