Re: Patch for winpos

  • dany.stamant@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 5 , May 19 1:54 PM
      The system didn't like my attachement. Back to the old cut'n'paste.

      Le lundi, 19 mai 2003, à 16:42 Canada/Eastern,
      dany.stamant@... a écrit :

      > Hi,
      >
      > Could someone test the following patch on MacOS 9?
      > The patch is over 6.2d
      >
      > Patch purpose:
      >
      > make :winpos and :winpos x y use the same coordinate set (the frame
      > of the window)
      >

      > Dany

      *** gui_mac.c.orig Mon May 19 16:25:39 2003
      --- gui_mac.c Mon May 19 16:02:56 2003
      ***************
      *** 2874,2879 ****
      --- 2874,2900 ----
      /* TODO: Should make sure the window is move within range
      * e.g.: y > ~16 [Menu bar], x > 0, x < screen width
      */
      +
      + /* Since MoveWindow use the "kWindowContentRgn" location,
      + * and that Vim wants to refer to the "kWindowStructureRgn"
      + * location, we need to tune the value
      + */
      + #ifdef USE_CARBONIZED
      + Rect cont_bounds;
      + Rect struct_bounds;
      + OSStatus status_cont;
      + OSStatus status_struct;
      +
      + /* Carbon >= 1.0.2, MacOS >= 8.5 */
      + status_cont = GetWindowBounds (gui.VimWindow, kWindowContentRgn,
      &cont_bounds);
      + status_struct = GetWindowBounds (gui.VimWindow,
      kWindowStructureRgn, &struct_bounds);
      +
      + if ((status_cont == noErr) && (status_struct == noErr))
      + {
      + x += (cont_bounds.left - struct_bounds.left);
      + y += (cont_bounds.top - struct_bounds.top);
      + }
      + #endif
      MoveWindow(gui.VimWindow, x, y, TRUE);
      }
    • Axel Kielhorn
      Message 2 of 5 , May 23 10:30 AM
        At 16:54 Uhr -0400 2003-05-19, dany.stamant@... wrote:
        >The system didn't like my attachement. Back to the old cut'n'paste.
        >
        >Le lundi, 19 mai 2003, à 16:42 Canada/Eastern,
        >dany.stamant@... a écrit :
        >
        >>Hi,
        >>
        >> Could someone test the following patch on MacOS 9?
        >> The patch is over 6.2d

        Sorry, I can't generate Carbon code, my codewarrior is too old.
        But if someone can provide a carbon binary, I can test it on 8.6

        Axel
        Message 3 of 5 , May 23 4:29 PM
          Axel Kielhorn wrote:
          > At 16:54 Uhr -0400 2003-05-19, dany.stamant@... wrote:
          >
          >> The system didn't like my attachement. Back to the old cut'n'paste.
          >>
          >> Le lundi, 19 mai 2003, à 16:42 Canada/Eastern,
          >> dany.stamant@... a écrit :
          >>
          >>> Hi,
          >>>
          >>> Could someone test the following patch on MacOS 9?
          >>> The patch is over 6.2d
          >>

          > Sorry, I can't generate Carbon code, my codewarrior is too old.
          > But if someone can provide a carbon binary, I can test it on 8.6
          >
          > Axel

          Does that mean you can use a Carbon binary compiled on OS X?

          --Benji Fisher
        • Axel Kielhorn
          Message 4 of 5 , May 31 12:21 PM
            At 19:29 Uhr -0400 2003-05-23, Benji Fisher wrote:
            >>Sorry, I can't generate Carbon code, my codewarrior is too old.
            >>But if someone can provide a carbon binary, I can test it on 8.6
            >>
            >>Axel
            >
            > Does that mean you can use a Carbon binary compiled on OS X?
            >
            > --Benji Fisher

            In theory I can use a Carbon binary compiled on OS X. That was the
            whole point about Carbon.

            But since the OS X version is compiled for UNIX it does not work on MacOS 8.6.
            (Even after setting T/C to APPL/VIM!)

            BTW, MacOS didn't allow me to rename vimrc to .vimrc, I had to shell
            out to do that. Not a problem for me, but maybe for the average Mac
            User.)

            Axel,
            Now with a green V in his dock:-)