Patch for winpos

  • dany.stamant@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 5 , May 19 1:42 PM

      Could someone test the following patch on MacOS 9?
      The patch is over 6.2d

      Patch purpose:

      make :winpos and :winpos x y use the same coordinate set (the frame
      of the window)

      Dany
    • dany.stamant@sympatico.ca
      Message 2 of 5 , May 19 1:54 PM
        The system didn't like my attachement. Back to the old cut'n'paste.

        Le lundi, 19 mai 2003, à 16:42 Canada/Eastern,
        dany.stamant@... a écrit :

        > Hi,
        >
        > Could someone test the following patch on MacOS 9?
        > The patch is over 6.2d
        >
        > Patch purpose:
        >
        > make :winpos and :winpos x y use the same coordinate set (the frame
        > of the window)
        >

        > Dany

        *** gui_mac.c.orig Mon May 19 16:25:39 2003
        --- gui_mac.c Mon May 19 16:02:56 2003
        ***************
        *** 2874,2879 ****
        --- 2874,2900 ----
        /* TODO: Should make sure the window is move within range
        * e.g.: y > ~16 [Menu bar], x > 0, x < screen width
        */
        +
        + /* Since MoveWindow use the "kWindowContentRgn" location,
        + * and that Vim wants to refer to the "kWindowStructureRgn"
        + * location, we need to tune the value
        + */
        + #ifdef USE_CARBONIZED
        + Rect cont_bounds;
        + Rect struct_bounds;
        + OSStatus status_cont;
        + OSStatus status_struct;
        +
        + /* Carbon >= 1.0.2, MacOS >= 8.5 */
        + status_cont = GetWindowBounds (gui.VimWindow, kWindowContentRgn,
        &cont_bounds);
        + status_struct = GetWindowBounds (gui.VimWindow,
        kWindowStructureRgn, &struct_bounds);
        +
        + if ((status_cont == noErr) && (status_struct == noErr))
        + {
        + x += (cont_bounds.left - struct_bounds.left);
        + y += (cont_bounds.top - struct_bounds.top);
        + }
        + #endif
        MoveWindow(gui.VimWindow, x, y, TRUE);
        }
      • Axel Kielhorn
        Message 3 of 5 , May 23 10:30 AM
          At 16:54 Uhr -0400 2003-05-19, dany.stamant@... wrote:
          >The system didn't like my attachement. Back to the old cut'n'paste.
          >
          >Le lundi, 19 mai 2003, à 16:42 Canada/Eastern,
          >dany.stamant@... a écrit :
          >
          >>Hi,
          >>
          >> Could someone test the following patch on MacOS 9?
          >> The patch is over 6.2d

          Sorry, I can't generate Carbon code, my codewarrior is too old.
          But if someone can provide a carbon binary, I can test it on 8.6

          Axel
          Message 4 of 5 , May 23 4:29 PM
            Axel Kielhorn wrote:
            > At 16:54 Uhr -0400 2003-05-19, dany.stamant@... wrote:
            >
            >> The system didn't like my attachement. Back to the old cut'n'paste.
            >>
            >> Le lundi, 19 mai 2003, à 16:42 Canada/Eastern,
            >> dany.stamant@... a écrit :
            >>
            >>> Hi,
            >>>
            >>> Could someone test the following patch on MacOS 9?
            >>> The patch is over 6.2d
            >>

            > Sorry, I can't generate Carbon code, my codewarrior is too old.
            > But if someone can provide a carbon binary, I can test it on 8.6
            >
            > Axel

            Does that mean you can use a Carbon binary compiled on OS X?

            --Benji Fisher
          • Axel Kielhorn
            Message 5 of 5 , May 31 12:21 PM
              At 19:29 Uhr -0400 2003-05-23, Benji Fisher wrote:
              >>Sorry, I can't generate Carbon code, my codewarrior is too old.
              >>But if someone can provide a carbon binary, I can test it on 8.6
              >>
              >>Axel
              >
              > Does that mean you can use a Carbon binary compiled on OS X?
              >
              > --Benji Fisher

              In theory I can use a Carbon binary compiled on OS X. That was the
              whole point about Carbon.

              But since the OS X version is compiled for UNIX it does not work on MacOS 8.6.
              (Even after setting T/C to APPL/VIM!)

              BTW, MacOS didn't allow me to rename vimrc to .vimrc, I had to shell
              out to do that. Not a problem for me, but maybe for the average Mac
              User.)

              Axel,
              Now with a green V in his dock:-)