Re: how to run multiple Vims from Finder

  • Rain Dog
    Message 1 of 4 , May 18, 2003
      On Sunday, May 18, 2003, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

      >> The simplest and easiest way is to create a shell script with the .sh
      >> extension that calls vim as you would on the commandline. Make sure
      >> it is executable, and you should be able to double-click it.
      >
      > The question is how to open Vim as a separate process by
      > double-clicking
      > a document in Finder?

      This can be done with DropScript
      <http://www.advogato.org/proj/DropScript/>
      and the aforementioned shell script, though it would be nicer, of
      course,
      if similar functionality could be incorporated into Vim.app itself.

      I can post or email a DropGVim.app (~25K) if you'd rather not tackle
      this yourself.

      Peter