Re: [Fwd: Mac OS 9 as a drop target]

  • Ben Fowler
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26 2:31 AM
      At 9:47 am +0100 2003-04-26, Robin Becker wrote:
      >In message <a05111b00bacdc24939f6@[217.3.24.150]>, Axel Kielhorn
      ><A.Kielhorn@...> writes
      >>At 10:58 Uhr -0400 2003-04-23, Benji Fisher wrote:
      >>> Can anyone answer this question about the Classic version?
      >>>
      >>> --Benji Fisher
      >>>
      >Hi I got the binary at
      > http://macvim.swdev.org/MacClassic/files/Vim6.1.263bin.sea
      >which was recommended by vim.sf.net
      >
      >I am a complete Mac newbie and don't yet understand even the most basic
      >concepts. I tried to follow the file system layout that was suggested
      >and clicking on the desktop alias brings up vim.
      >
      >I can't drop my .py/.c files on the alias and have it edit them. I guess
      >that this is probably some registration type problem, but don't know how
      >to do anything about it.

      ... BNDL ...

      > >following entries:
      >>APPL
      >>TEXT
      >>****
      >>
      > >The third is responsible for accepting drops of anything.

      But these resources should be set like that out of the box.

      (and it is the FREF resource ...)

      I downloaded the archive quoted and found that it worked,
      and that the act of unstuffing it made my earlier version
      work.

      I suspect that my Desktop Database was previously faulty.

      Normally, restarting the Mac is sufficient for to fix up
      BNDL problems, but you might want to rebuild the Desktop
      on the disk containing Vim, using standard methods such as
      TechTool. e.g. <URL: http://www.micromat.com/tt_lite/tt_lite.html >
      and 1299 other pages from Google.

      BTW, the string in the Owner resource (VIM!) is somewhat
      aged.

      Ben

      Telephone: 0113 2951112 Fax: 0113 2951114