file decryption not working properly

  • B M L
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2008
      When I attempt to decrypt a file on Mac that I have encrypted on Linux
      or Pc, it only decrypts part of the file, leaving the rest gobbledygook.

      Anyone know what's going on? How can I fix this?

      Ben

    • Ben Schmidt
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2008
        B M L wrote:
        > When I attempt to decrypt a file on Mac that I have encrypted on Linux
        > or Pc, it only decrypts part of the file, leaving the rest gobbledygook.
        >
        > Anyone know what's going on? How can I fix this?

        I don't at first suspect Vim for this one. It's unlikely something has
        gone wrong with decryption (but hey, it's possible). First, though, how
        are you transferring the files between the machines? Maybe some
        line-break translation is going on that is breaking the files. Does it
        happen reliably? Can you provide an example?

        Ben.