Re: VIM not launching: libperl.dylib path problem

  • Ben Fowler
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24 5:16 AM
      At 6:12 am -0500 2003-04-24, Emily Jackson wrote:
      >At 8:59 AM +0100 on 4/24/03, Ben Fowler wrote:

      >Unfortunately, yes. (Upgrading an application and forgetting to empty the
      >Trash before opening a document "owned" by that app results in the old
      >version being launched. :-\)

      When I have done something like that, the system hasn't let me;
      now maybe I haven't tried hard enough, but my suggestion is
      that the error message might be bogus.

      Is Vim working for you now? If so, do you think that you understand
      what is going on.

      Ben.

      Telephone: 0113 2951112 Fax: 0113 2951114
    • david craig
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26 12:28 AM
        > Is it possible to run applications at all once they are in the Trash?

        Yes. It may not be possible to double-click them, but sometimes the
        system itself will mistakenly launch something in the Trash (e.g. by
        clicking a dock icon. This happened to me recently with the release of
        the latest Safari beta.)

        David Craig

        <http://www.panix.com/~dac/>