Re: MacVim vs. Vim

  • Sean Chou
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 20, 2008
      I think my .vimrc was a bit wonky because I scrapped it and rebuilt it
      largely from scratch (it was high time for an overhaul anyway) and now
      can't reproduce any of my NERDTree problems. I'm not sure what caused
      it but am so glad it's all working that I lack the spirit to go back
      and try to reproduce it.

      You were right on about the colors - I had indeed forgotten about the
      limited colors in console vim. One thing that has helped tremendously
      is discovering that the "Use bright colors for bold text" checkbox in
      the Settings makes much better use of the limited color palette.

      I hadn't thought of linking to the MacVim vim distribution but just
      now did. What a great idea! Seems obvious in retrospect - perhaps like
      many good ideas.