Re: yet another new binary for OSX

  • Florent Pillet
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2003
      > it is set to "mac". If 'nocompatible' is later set (e.g., because Vim
      > finds a user vimrc file) then, since this option has already been
      > modified, it never gets set to its vim default of "unix,dos". I
      > should'a known better!

      Would there be a way for VIM to check the file on open and adjust the
      file format on the fly? It is a pain when you are working with files in
      various formats...

      Florent

      --
      Florent Pillet, Code Segment florent.pillet@...
      Developer tools and end-user products ICQ: 117292463
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2003
        Florent Pillet wrote:
        >> it is set to "mac". If 'nocompatible' is later set (e.g., because Vim
        >> finds a user vimrc file) then, since this option has already been
        >> modified, it never gets set to its vim default of "unix,dos". I
        >> should'a known better!
        >

        > Would there be a way for VIM to check the file on open and adjust the
        > file format on the fly? It is a pain when you are working with files in
        > various formats...

        Yes, this is what happens if you add the line

        :set ffs=unix,dos,mac

        (or some other permutation) to your vimrc file. I tried doing this in the
        system vimrc file, and am still not sure why it did not work....

        :help 'ffs'

        HTH --Benji Fisher