Re: regaining focus after calling MacVim from an external program

  • Steve Huff
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
      On Oct 3, 2008, at 4:56 AM, Michael Dunn wrote:

      > If other users have this problem, and if everyone agrees that this is
      > a solution, maybe this can be added to the FAQ?

      i had this same problem and requested a solution recently; there's a
      much simpler way.

      1. open MacVim preferences and select the "General" pane
      2. Select "After last window closes: Hide MacVim"
      3. ...
      4. profit!

      unfortunately, this won't help you if you tend to have many MacVim
      windows open simultaneously, but i've found that it fits well with my
      workflow.

      -steve

    • Brian McKee
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
        On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 5:23 AM, Jonathon Mah <me@...> wrote:
        > On 2008-10-03, at 18:26, Michael Dunn wrote:
        >> However the plugin will not accept any arguments to this path, so
        >> the advice in the help document:
        >> mvim -c "au VimLeave * maca hide:"
        >>
        >> can't be followed.
        > You can make a shell script to wrap this command:
        >
        > $ cat > ~/bin/mvim-hide
        > #!/bin/sh
        > mvim -c "au VimLeave * maca hide:" $*
        > <Ctrl-D>
        > $ chmod a+x ~/bin/mvim-hide
        >
        > and then use the path to that as your executable. (Typed in Mail.app,
        > untested.)

        Doesn't work for me - haven't figured out why yet....