Re: Does MacVim drop characters?

    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
      2008/10/2 Frank Hellenkamp <jonas.info@...>:

      >> The way it works now is:
      >>
      >> 1. input arrives
      >> 2. is it a repeat?
      >> 2a. yes - queue it unless there already is input on the queue (in
      >> which case it is silently dropped)
      >> 2b. no - just add it to the queue
      >
      > Does "repeat" mean keys, that are coming from auto-repeat, or also keys
      > like when I press two or three times "m"?
      >
      > When it is the second one, it should probably drop from the third key
      > on, not from the second. (Like in "will", "miss", "kommen", "pressed" etc.)

      By "repeat" I mean "auto-repeat", as in "hold down a key and the OS
      will repeat it for you". If you hit "m" 20 times in a row, then they
      are all processed. If you hold down "m" for 20 seconds, nobody knows
      how many "m" will be processed.

      I think it would be unreasonable to check the input and drop a key if
      it is appears three times or more in a row.