Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: mbyte.diff Patch Fails Building 6.1.417 or Later

Expand Messages
  • Benji Fisher
    ... I think the problem is 6.1.418, not 6.1.417. I think that mbyte.diff is simple enough that I can fix this, although I would be happier if Muraoka Taro
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2003
    • 0 Attachment
      Emily Jackson wrote:
      > While trying to build the latest version (6.1.423), I discovered that the
      > mbyte.diff patch failed after applying all of the official patches:
      >
      > patching file src/mbyte.c
      > Hunk #1 FAILED at 576.
      > Hunk #2 succeeded at 576 with fuzz 1 (offset -8 lines).
      >
      > Working backwards, it seems that the 6.1.417 patch is the problem; if it
      > has been applied, the mbyte.diff patch fails.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Emily

      I think the problem is 6.1.418, not 6.1.417. I think that mbyte.diff is
      simple enough that I can fix this, although I would be happier if Muraoka Taro
      supplied the patch. I will update the file on http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX after
      I have a chance to test my patched patch.

      --Benji Fisher
    • Emily Jackson
      ... I tried applying the official patches up to and including 6.1.417, then applying the mbyte.diff patch; the patch failed. 6.1.416 is the latest version of
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
      • 0 Attachment
        At 2:50 PM -0500 on 3/31/03, Benji Fisher wrote:


        >Emily Jackson wrote:
        >> While trying to build the latest version (6.1.423), I discovered that the
        >> mbyte.diff patch failed after applying all of the official patches:
        >>
        >> patching file src/mbyte.c
        >> Hunk #1 FAILED at 576.
        >> Hunk #2 succeeded at 576 with fuzz 1 (offset -8 lines).
        >>
        >> Working backwards, it seems that the 6.1.417 patch is the problem; if it
        >> has been applied, the mbyte.diff patch fails.
        >>
        >> Thanks,
        >>
        >> Emily
        >
        > I think the problem is 6.1.418, not 6.1.417.

        I tried applying the official patches up to and including 6.1.417, then
        applying the mbyte.diff patch; the patch failed. 6.1.416 is the latest
        version of Vim that I can build (using the mbyte.diff patch).

        Emily
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.