Re: A foray into patching

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2008
      Hi Jonathan,

      On 29.09.2008, at 10:37, Jonathon Mah wrote:

      > I downloaded the code today and was looking for a way to start
      > contributing.

      that sounds good :-)

      > So I decided to run the Clang static analyzer to check for any
      > basic memory
      > leaks (<http://clang.llvm.org/StaticAnalysis.html>). It only came
      > across one:
      >
      > <0001-Fixed-memory-leak-in-MMAppController-openFiles-wit.patch>

      Looks like a valid leak, good job.

      > I then made a tweak to satisfy my own itch, adding tool tips to
      > truncated tabs:
      >
      > <0002-Added-tool-tips-for-tabs-when-tab-labels-are-truncat.patch>

      Do you know about `:h guitabtooltip`? MacVim currenlty does not
      support it, do you think you could add support for this, too? That'd
      take a bit more work, as you probably would have to send a message
      from vim to MacVim with the desired tooltip text. And, while you're at
      it, support for `:h balloon-eval` would be great :-P Anyways, your
      patch already does what 'guitabtooltip' is probably used most of the
      time for already.

      Nico