"columns" in gvimrc works in a strange way

  • Shawn Y. Kim
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2008
      It seems that macvim calculates the width of its initial window
      incorrectly.
      The width of the initial window is 2 characters smaller than the value
      specified in gvimrc.
      For example, If I open Macvim when my gvimrc is like :

      $ cat .gvimrc
      .
      .
      set columns=80
      .
      .

      Macvim's width appears to be 80 - 2 = 78.

      There could be a tiny miss-calculation somewhere. :-)

      Hope it would be fixed at the next release.

    • Shawn Y. Kim
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2008
        On 9월29일, 오후5시47분, "Shawn Y. Kim" <orchis...@...> wrote:
        > It seems that macvim calculates the width of its initial window
        > incorrectly.
        > The width of the initial window is 2 characters smaller than the value
        > specified in gvimrc.
        > For example, If I open Macvim when my gvimrc is like :
        >
        > $ cat .gvimrc
        > .
        > .
        > set columns=80
        > .
        > .
        >
        > Macvim's width appears to be 80 - 2 = 78.
        >
        > There could be a tiny miss-calculation somewhere. :-)
        >
        > Hope it would be fixed at the next release.

        Turns out it is ok.
        I didn't take foldcolumn into calculation. :-(
        Sorry for bothering...;;