fgets_cr

  • Axel Kielhorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2003
      After some problems applying the latest batch of patches, I finall
      rebuild everything from scratch, thus losing all the little
      modifications I made on the way. The result is a Vim that is only
      partial working.

      After comparing both trees I discovered that I disabled fgets_cr in
      my local tree.
      (A function that caused lots of problems in the past.)

      It seems the Metrowerks Library 2.2 handles files with Mac, DOS and
      UNIX fileformats without problems and fgets_cr actually introduces
      more problems than it is fixing.

      Before asking to remove fgets_cr I would like to ask anyone using an
      older version of Codewarrior (and the Metrowerks Library) to test
      whether they can build a working Vim with fgets instead of fgets_cr.

      One symtom to watch out for is the viminfo file.
      With fgets_cr Vim is not able to read it, with fgets it is read
      without problems.

      Axel
      --
      The Mac Vim page is now at: