Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

mbyte.diff Patch Fails Building 6.1.417 or Later

Expand Messages
  • Emily Jackson
    While trying to build the latest version (6.1.423), I discovered that the mbyte.diff patch failed after applying all of the official patches: patching file
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2003
    • 0 Attachment
      While trying to build the latest version (6.1.423), I discovered that the
      mbyte.diff patch failed after applying all of the official patches:

      patching file src/mbyte.c
      Hunk #1 FAILED at 576.
      Hunk #2 succeeded at 576 with fuzz 1 (offset -8 lines).

      Working backwards, it seems that the 6.1.417 patch is the problem; if it
      has been applied, the mbyte.diff patch fails.

      Thanks,

      Emily
    • Benji Fisher
      ... I think the problem is 6.1.418, not 6.1.417. I think that mbyte.diff is simple enough that I can fix this, although I would be happier if Muraoka Taro
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2003
      • 0 Attachment
        Emily Jackson wrote:
        > While trying to build the latest version (6.1.423), I discovered that the
        > mbyte.diff patch failed after applying all of the official patches:
        >
        > patching file src/mbyte.c
        > Hunk #1 FAILED at 576.
        > Hunk #2 succeeded at 576 with fuzz 1 (offset -8 lines).
        >
        > Working backwards, it seems that the 6.1.417 patch is the problem; if it
        > has been applied, the mbyte.diff patch fails.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Emily

        I think the problem is 6.1.418, not 6.1.417. I think that mbyte.diff is
        simple enough that I can fix this, although I would be happier if Muraoka Taro
        supplied the patch. I will update the file on http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX after
        I have a chance to test my patched patch.

        --Benji Fisher
      • Emily Jackson
        ... I tried applying the official patches up to and including 6.1.417, then applying the mbyte.diff patch; the patch failed. 6.1.416 is the latest version of
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
        • 0 Attachment
          At 2:50 PM -0500 on 3/31/03, Benji Fisher wrote:


          >Emily Jackson wrote:
          >> While trying to build the latest version (6.1.423), I discovered that the
          >> mbyte.diff patch failed after applying all of the official patches:
          >>
          >> patching file src/mbyte.c
          >> Hunk #1 FAILED at 576.
          >> Hunk #2 succeeded at 576 with fuzz 1 (offset -8 lines).
          >>
          >> Working backwards, it seems that the 6.1.417 patch is the problem; if it
          >> has been applied, the mbyte.diff patch fails.
          >>
          >> Thanks,
          >>
          >> Emily
          >
          > I think the problem is 6.1.418, not 6.1.417.

          I tried applying the official patches up to and including 6.1.417, then
          applying the mbyte.diff patch; the patch failed. 6.1.416 is the latest
          version of Vim that I can build (using the mbyte.diff patch).

          Emily
        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.