Re: macvim colorscheme on other platforms

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2008
      Hi Robin,

      2008/9/24 Robin <robince@...>:

      > I've got quite used to the macvim colorscheme with a dark bg - I think
      > it's really nice.
      >
      > I tried to use it on other platforms for consistency... I copied the
      > colors file across and it seems to work OK in a terminal, but in gvim
      > on linux I get errors about certain colors - I'm guessing these are
      > built in to macvim somehow:
      > E254: Cannot allocate color MacTextColor
      > E254: Cannot allocate color MacTextBackgroundColor
      > E254: Cannot allocate color MacTextColor
      > E254: Cannot allocate color MacTextBackgroundColor
      > E254: Cannot allocate color MacSelectedTextBackgroundColor
      > E254: Cannot allocate color MacTextColor
      > E254: Cannot allocate color MacTextBackgroundColor
      >
      > From looking through macvim.vim I get the impression these are related
      > to changing the color of the selection if the window has focus...
      >
      > Anyway I was wondering if there was an easy way I could get this
      > working on Linux - either by disabling that functionality, or defining
      > these colors somewhere? I think it shouldn't be too hard if someone
      > could give me some pointers.

      That's strange. The macvim color scheme is set up not to use the Mac*
      colors (which are only available with MacVim) if "has('gui_macvim')"
      fails. I've attached the latest version of the color scheme file in
      case you have an old one (if so, you should probably download the
      latest MacVim).

      If you _did_ have the latest version already then the
      has("gui_macvim") test is passing even though it shouldn't and I don't
      know why that is. To solve the problem simply delete lines 53-55, 57,
      108-110, 112 from the attached file.