Re: promptfind

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2008
      Hi George,

      2008/9/20 George V. Reilly <george@...>:

      > I'm experimenting with some custom mappings that toggle insertmode and
      > do similar things to $VIMRUNTIME/evim.vim, to preserve the sanity of
      > non-Vim users when they're pair programming with me.
      >
      > :promptfind isn't supported in MacVim. Seems like it would be useful
      > to have and not very hard for a Cocoa programmer to implement.

      This is on my todo list and certainly would not be very difficult to
      implement. The reason I've been holding it off is that I was wanting
      to implement a toolbar search field instead of having a separate
      dialog. In fact, I even implemented this once but it will require a
      major update to the toolbar system before I can "release" this code.

      I guess I could implement a dialog search box as a temporary solution
      if you think that it really would be useful. (Another reason I've
      been holding this off is because I didn't really think anybody wanted
      this feature much, but at least now I've had one request so I'll bump
      the priority a bit.)