customizing output

  • Doris Wagner
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2008
      hi list,

      I'm about to learn latex-suite. the docu says that for mac-systems the
      default-output is pdf, but in my case it is not (dvi is generated).
      the texrc-file contains the following:

      <schnipp>

      " By default, when you compile a tex file using \ll, then you will be
      " generating a .dvi file. Change this line if you want to set another
      default.
      " NOTE: Make sure that a target for this format exists in the
      'Compiler rules'
      " section below and is set up properly for your system.
      if has('macunix')
      TexLet g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'pdf'
      else
      TexLet g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'dvi'
      endif

      <schnapp>

      there are also some other little things that suggest that my latex-
      suite-installation does not know that its installed on a mac.

      anyone can help me?

      tia
      doris

    • ntiozymandias
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2008
        The has('macunix') part might be what's getting you. Try changing it
        to has('mac') or has('gui_macvim'); note that the latter will no
        longer work with Vim in a terminal.

        You might also try changing the line endings on your LaTeX files to
        Unix, although I have no idea if that will actually help. The
        documentation on that feature ("Macintosh version of Vim, using Unix
        files (OS-X).") isn't too clear.

      • Nico Weber
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2008

          On 07.09.2008, at 16:46, ntiozymandias wrote:

          > The has('macunix') part might be what's getting you. Try changing it
          > to has('mac') or has('gui_macvim');

          This shouldn't make a difference, MacVim echoes 1 if you type in
          `:echo has('macunix')`.