MacVim tabs are ascii for some reason

  • Zane Selvans
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2008
      I just downloaded MacVim, and so far it's great! I was looking
      forward to the Safari style tabs, but unfortunately, they don't seem
      to be working. I get the ASCII art type tabs when I create a new
      tab. Is there some pre-existing setting I might have that's
      interfering with them? Or any other reason people know of that they
      might revert to ASCII?

      Thanks,
      Zane

    • ntiozymandias
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2008
        Check your 'guioptions' settings (:help 'go'). MacVim will only render
        graphical tabs if 'guioptions' contains a lowercase letter e. If you
        have a .(g)vimrc file somewhere, check to make sure it doesn't modify
        this option, or add a line that fixes it.
      • Zane Selvans
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2008
          Thanks! Added the 'e' and now all is well.