Re: feature request

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2008
      Hi Savaged,

      On 29.08.2008, at 23:07, savaged.info wrote:

      > Does a "plug-in" for Java code-completion exist? If not perhaps that
      > could be planned as a new feature.

      there is one: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1785 It
      takes a bit of effort to set it up, but it usually works very well.
      Let us know if you need help setting it up.

      Nico

    • peiman khosravi
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 22, 2014
        I am only missing one thing in macvim. You can drag and drop a file/folder into the OS X terminal and its full path will be pasted at the curser. Is it possible to implement this in macvim?

        Many Thanks
        Peiman

      • Niklas Lindström
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 22, 2014

          On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 3:30 PM, peiman khosravi <peimankhosravi@...> wrote:
          I am only missing one thing in macvim. You can drag and drop a file/folder into the OS X terminal and its full path will be pasted at the curser. Is it possible to implement this in macvim?

          Hi Peiman,

          Currently, MacVim handles drag & drop in normal mode by editing the file/folder. But if you go into command mode, it will instead append the path to the command you've begun. Perhaps this is what you want? Try by typing ":e " (without the quotes, but with the trailing space) and then drop a file onto the window.

          Cheers,
          Niklas

          Many Thanks
          Peiman

        • peiman khosravi

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 22, 2014

              On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 10:56 PM, peiman khosravi <peimankhosravi@...> wrote:
              Hi Niklas,

              Thanks for the reply. I didn't know this works in the edit mode. It's certainly one step closer, but what I really need is to be able to append the file path inside the document (at cursor) that I'm editing.

              I see. Well, while not optimal, you can achieve that with :a<Enter>, drop your file, and then <Enter>.<Enter>

              (I can see how it could be nice if that happened by default if you're in insert mode. Although I can imagine situations when that would be surprising too (e.g. if someone uses evim/'insertmode' and is used to drop files to open them).. Anyway, I think this is something for main Vim to deal with, if at all, since it's a core feature. See :help drag-n-drop .)

              Cheers,
              Niklas

              (By the way - please refrain from top-posting when replying to messages on the vim lists. See <http://www.vim.org/maillist.php>. I know it's easy to miss and not the default behavior for e.g. GMail reply, but it's customary on this list.)

            • peiman khosravi
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 22, 2014

                I see. Well, while not optimal, you can achieve that with :a<Enter>, drop your file, and then <Enter>.<Enter>

                (I can see how it could be nice if that happened by default if you're in insert mode. Although I can imagine situations when that would be surprising too (e.g. if someone uses evim/'insertmode' and is used to drop files to open them).. Anyway, I think this is something for main Vim to deal with, if at all, since it's a core feature. See :help drag-n-drop .)

                Cheers,
                Niklas

                (By the way - please refrain from top-posting when replying to messages on the vim lists. See <http://www.vim.org/maillist.php>. I know it's easy to miss and not the default behavior for e.g. GMail reply, but it's customary on this list.)

                ​Thanks. ​I'm happy with that method!

                Noted re top-posting.

                Best,
                Peiman