feature request

  • savaged.info
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2008
      Firstly, thanks for the great work!

      Does a "plug-in" for Java code-completion exist? If not perhaps that
      could be planned as a new feature.

      Thanks again

    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 29, 2008
        Hi Savaged,

        On 29.08.2008, at 23:07, savaged.info wrote:

        > Does a "plug-in" for Java code-completion exist? If not perhaps that
        > could be planned as a new feature.

        there is one: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1785 It
        takes a bit of effort to set it up, but it usually works very well.
        Let us know if you need help setting it up.

        Nico

      • peiman khosravi
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 22, 2014
          I am only missing one thing in macvim. You can drag and drop a file/folder into the OS X terminal and its full path will be pasted at the curser. Is it possible to implement this in macvim?

          Many Thanks
          Peiman

        • Niklas Lindström
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 22, 2014

            On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 3:30 PM, peiman khosravi <peimankhosravi@...> wrote:
            I am only missing one thing in macvim. You can drag and drop a file/folder into the OS X terminal and its full path will be pasted at the curser. Is it possible to implement this in macvim?

            Hi Peiman,

            Currently, MacVim handles drag & drop in normal mode by editing the file/folder. But if you go into command mode, it will instead append the path to the command you've begun. Perhaps this is what you want? Try by typing ":e " (without the quotes, but with the trailing space) and then drop a file onto the window.

            Cheers,
            Niklas

            Many Thanks
            Peiman

          • peiman khosravi

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 22, 2014

                On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 10:56 PM, peiman khosravi <peimankhosravi@...> wrote:
                Hi Niklas,

                Thanks for the reply. I didn't know this works in the edit mode. It's certainly one step closer, but what I really need is to be able to append the file path inside the document (at cursor) that I'm editing.

                I see. Well, while not optimal, you can achieve that with :a<Enter>, drop your file, and then <Enter>.<Enter>

                (I can see how it could be nice if that happened by default if you're in insert mode. Although I can imagine situations when that would be surprising too (e.g. if someone uses evim/'insertmode' and is used to drop files to open them).. Anyway, I think this is something for main Vim to deal with, if at all, since it's a core feature. See :help drag-n-drop .)

                Cheers,
                Niklas

                (By the way - please refrain from top-posting when replying to messages on the vim lists. See <http://www.vim.org/maillist.php>. I know it's easy to miss and not the default behavior for e.g. GMail reply, but it's customary on this list.)

              • peiman khosravi
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 22, 2014

                  I see. Well, while not optimal, you can achieve that with :a<Enter>, drop your file, and then <Enter>.<Enter>

                  (I can see how it could be nice if that happened by default if you're in insert mode. Although I can imagine situations when that would be surprising too (e.g. if someone uses evim/'insertmode' and is used to drop files to open them).. Anyway, I think this is something for main Vim to deal with, if at all, since it's a core feature. See :help drag-n-drop .)

                  Cheers,
                  Niklas

                  (By the way - please refrain from top-posting when replying to messages on the vim lists. See <http://www.vim.org/maillist.php>. I know it's easy to miss and not the default behavior for e.g. GMail reply, but it's customary on this list.)

                  ​Thanks. ​I'm happy with that method!

                  Noted re top-posting.

                  Best,
                  Peiman