Re: dylib problems

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
      Tavis wrote:
      > I just installed vim on OSX using fink. When i try to run the program i
      > get this message:
      > dyld: vim Undefined symbols:
      > vim undefined reference to _BC expected to be defined in
      > /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
      > vim undefined reference to _PC expected to be defined in
      > /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
      > vim undefined reference to _UP expected to be defined in
      > /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
      > vim undefined reference to _ospeed expected to be defined in
      > /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
      > Trace/BPT trap
      >
      > Is there a way to fix this? Has anyone else had this problem? I have the
      > libSystem.B.dylib in the right place.

      I think these are the sorts of errors you get if you try to run a version
      compiled for OSX 10.1 on 10.2, or vice-versa. You can find one of each (Carbon
      version, with Aqua interface) on

      http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX

      The Carbon version will also run in a Terminal window. If you need an X11
      version, you can try following the instructions there to compile it yourself.

      HTH --Benji Fisher