dylib problems

  • Tavis Werts
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
      I just installed vim on OSX using fink. When i try to run the program i
      get this message:
      dyld: vim Undefined symbols:
      vim undefined reference to _BC expected to be defined in
      /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
      vim undefined reference to _PC expected to be defined in
      /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
      vim undefined reference to _UP expected to be defined in
      /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
      vim undefined reference to _ospeed expected to be defined in
      /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
      Trace/BPT trap

      Is there a way to fix this? Has anyone else had this problem? I have
      the libSystem.B.dylib in the right place.

      ----Tavis

      "Adults are just children who have learned to behave"
      -Danny Hillis
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
        Tavis wrote:
        > I just installed vim on OSX using fink. When i try to run the program i
        > get this message:
        > dyld: vim Undefined symbols:
        > vim undefined reference to _BC expected to be defined in
        > /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
        > vim undefined reference to _PC expected to be defined in
        > /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
        > vim undefined reference to _UP expected to be defined in
        > /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
        > vim undefined reference to _ospeed expected to be defined in
        > /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
        > Trace/BPT trap
        >
        > Is there a way to fix this? Has anyone else had this problem? I have the
        > libSystem.B.dylib in the right place.

        I think these are the sorts of errors you get if you try to run a version
        compiled for OSX 10.1 on 10.2, or vice-versa. You can find one of each (Carbon
        version, with Aqua interface) on

        http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX

        The Carbon version will also run in a Terminal window. If you need an X11
        version, you can try following the instructions there to compile it yourself.

        HTH --Benji Fisher