dylib problems

  • Tavis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2003
      I just installed vim on OSX using fink. When i try to run the program i
      get this message:
      dyld: vim Undefined symbols:
      vim undefined reference to _BC expected to be defined in
      /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
      vim undefined reference to _PC expected to be defined in
      /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
      vim undefined reference to _UP expected to be defined in
      /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
      vim undefined reference to _ospeed expected to be defined in
      /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
      Trace/BPT trap

      Is there a way to fix this? Has anyone else had this problem? I have
      the libSystem.B.dylib in the right place.

      -- Tavis
      "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat... Never drive a car when
      you're dead"
      -Tom Waits
    • Tavis Werts
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
        I just installed vim on OSX using fink. When i try to run the program i
        get this message:
        dyld: vim Undefined symbols:
        vim undefined reference to _BC expected to be defined in
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
        vim undefined reference to _PC expected to be defined in
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
        vim undefined reference to _UP expected to be defined in
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
        vim undefined reference to _ospeed expected to be defined in
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
        Trace/BPT trap

        Is there a way to fix this? Has anyone else had this problem? I have
        the libSystem.B.dylib in the right place.

        ----Tavis

        "Adults are just children who have learned to behave"
        -Danny Hillis
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
          Tavis wrote:
          > I just installed vim on OSX using fink. When i try to run the program i
          > get this message:
          > dyld: vim Undefined symbols:
          > vim undefined reference to _BC expected to be defined in
          > /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
          > vim undefined reference to _PC expected to be defined in
          > /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
          > vim undefined reference to _UP expected to be defined in
          > /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
          > vim undefined reference to _ospeed expected to be defined in
          > /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
          > Trace/BPT trap
          >
          > Is there a way to fix this? Has anyone else had this problem? I have the
          > libSystem.B.dylib in the right place.

          I think these are the sorts of errors you get if you try to run a version
          compiled for OSX 10.1 on 10.2, or vice-versa. You can find one of each (Carbon
          version, with Aqua interface) on

          http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX

          The Carbon version will also run in a Terminal window. If you need an X11
          version, you can try following the instructions there to compile it yourself.

          HTH --Benji Fisher