Re: Building snapshots on Leopard

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
      >> In Bram-style:
      >>
      >> Problem: Pseudo TTYs (ptys) are not successfully allocated on Leopard
      >> (or when Vim is compiled on Leopard).
      >
      > That's not what a user would notice. What is the problem that one would
      > experience? Something with executing shell commands?

      Hehe. OK. So it wasn't really Bram-style at all. I was aiming at a
      developer audience (those reading commit messages), not a user audience
      (those applying patches or perusing a bugfix list). Revision:

      Problem: Shells/shell commands started in gvim/MacVim compiled on
      Leopard lack shell prompt, terminal control (Ctrl-C), etc., due
      to no pseudo TTY (pty) being successfully allocated.
      Solution: Do not attempt to use SVR4-compatible ptys on Mac OS X even
      though configure may detect their presence.

      Ben.